Do you remember the pop singer Don Cherry?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

I know the Jazz trumpeter, not sure if he ever sang?

• 3 weeks ago

The name is vagually familiar!

• mars
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes. He had colourful costumes.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The only Don Cherry I can remember was the host of Coach's Corner, and before that he was head coach of the Boston Bruins, and the Colorado Rockies.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Before my time.  I only knew about him from getting notifications from eBay, thru my searches for the first and only hockey card from the playing days of hockey's Don Cherry (who played for and then coached my hometown team before going on to fame with the Boston Bruins and then as commentator on 'Hockey Night in Canada').

Don Cherry the singer, I later learned, was also a pretty good golfer - made the cut at the Masters seven times.

• 3 weeks ago

The only people of that name I've ever heard of are the one who was a minor-league hockey player & became an N.H.L. coach with Boston & Colorado.  He had a few restaurants in Ontario for a few years.  He was a commenter on "Hockey Night In Canada" for several years before being fired for his racist comments.  

Then, there was the horn player in the jazz genre.  He died about 25 years ago.  

I highly doubt that either sang.  

The singer recorded between 1950 & '68.  His biggest hit was "Band of Gold" in 1955.  He died a couple of years ago at age 94.  

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I have never heard of him.

• 3 weeks ago

Honestly no.     

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.