Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

Is my dad still mad at me?

So I was watching tv and my dad told me to go do my homework,I told him that he was bothering me and to leave me alone.He got really mad and said that I am acting like a kid and that he's going to give me what I deserved,he shouted at me to go face the wall and to stay there and to think about how disrespectful I was towards him.He made me face the wall until i apologise to him,this took more than an hour.I feel really embarrassed and kinda guilty.I'm scared that my dad might hate me because of this.He is always mean to me

I am 13 years old girl 

• Merry

You clearly triggered your dad. 

You also probably contributed to the problem by not apologising sooner (it only took 1 hour because you didn't acknowledge that you had been rude) 

Your dad cares about you making an effort with your school work. 

Sometimes this might come across as being mean ..... But maybe start considering that he's not mean he just has high expectations of you. He wants the best for you - the best opportunities, the best chances & the best outcomes. 

That doesn't mean that you need to be getting 100% on your exams ... It just means that you need to be making the best effort you can. 

If he didn't care he wouldn't say anything.

The fact that he cares enough to have the fight with you tells me that he loves you no matter what. 

He’s not trying to mean to you, he’s trying to show you that you need to respect people, particularly your parents. Your dad sounds amazing if all he did was make you stare at a wall. When I was a little girl and I talked back to my parents I was beaten with various objects - it was mostly the wooden spoon 

Oh he's being so mean to meeeeeee. Skool iz mor impontanter  tan t.v

i would hope not, you could try apologizing

You are lucky you do not have my dad, you would have been strapped for that mouth of yours. You are very disrespectful. He is mean to you, because of your mouth and  attitude. You just got out of wet diapers little girl.

• Ralph

Sounds like you have a good dad. He's not supposed to be your friend, though its awesome if he was.

• Liz

Well, you were disrespectful. You should have done what he asked. Ephesians 6:1-3 says "Children, be obedient to your parents in union with the Lord, for this is righteous. 2 “Honor your father and your mother” is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with you and you may remain a long time on the earth.”

Seems like the lines of communication are missing. Chapters 1 &2 in the publication below offers practical suggestions for dealing with family. Many young people have found this publication helpful.

Wishing you the best.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/yp1 CHAPTER 1 - How Can I Talk to My Parents?; CHAPTER 2 Why Are We Always Arguing?