Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Do You Think In This Day & Age It Is A Good Idea To Marry Young (18-25) And Have Kids Young.?

What age did you get married and what advice would you give to young people who are in love, in relationships or want to marry young.

Got together: ages 15&16

Got Married: ages 29&30

Ages now: 31& 32 

Although we are still together and happily married my advice would be to get married while you're young! If you love her marry her. Don't ever make her have to second guess your love for her bc you won't marry her. 

I never got married because I knew I'd be a lousy spouse & rotten parent. My advice to young people in this case? Let your brain control your glands.

• Carmen

My advice to anyone young who might want to get married have a family is first mage sure each one of you are emotionally physically and mentally stable in your own selves before bringing another life you will be responsible for for the rest of your life and the child. Children are a blessing but it won’t be all peaces and cream all the time. It’s a huge responsibility to even be in a committed relationship today let along get married and stay together let along bring a child into the picture. Love conquers all but the critical times we living in now has enough challenges trials obstacles to deal with already. Pray over matter seriously weigh the cons and pros. Everyone accountable for their own actions so go what’s best for you. 

hahaha.... do you think the world is getting better or worse everyday or year.. I feel sorry for ANY kid born after 2000 here. 

'IT is getting worse by the year,, and by the year 2050 I am glad I will be dead and gone..

'

You young kids think its bad now... just wait a few years and you will see it much worse.'

'

Just have the sex without getting kids... Kids will put a stop to most of the things you will still be wanting for the next 20 years. 

• Marvin

No way!

I got married at 47.  I had long had a vasectomy so we have no biological children.  That is why we traveled so much and have no debt.

We recently adopted a son from Myanmar.

I have been with my girl since she was 18.  I was a couple of months older.  We had our first child at 29 years old.  Having a child puts a lot of stresses on a relationship.  If it isn't solid BEFORE you have the child then it is likely that the relationship will suffer serious or permanent damage.

• Ocimom

First marriage 26 and didn't have my son till in my 30's.  No I don't think its a good idea to marry young and have kids right away.

Unless one is a prodigy who's managed to build a thriving career by that age, no. It costs more than ever to raise a child and almost no one that age is stable enough to provide what a kid needs. Most teen moms aren't Kylie Jenner and their children are more likely to live in poverty, less likely to do well in school and more likely to become teen parents themselves. The human brain isn't even fully developed until 25+ so up until that point it's impossible for most people to make lifelong decisions like who to marry and whether or not to become a parent. 

thats up to the person, ive never gotten married or had kids

There is a MASSIVE difference between 18 and 25

18, just left school, dont have a full education, little life experience or maturity, regardless of hwo many THINK they do

At 25 you will have graduated Uni, establishing a career, and mentally starting to mature.

I got married early 20s and would advise anyone to wait, live life a little before settling down