Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I’m not sure whether or not to move?

i’m 16 and yesterday i decided to leave my mum and grandma who i live with to live with my dad and they have since threatened to sell all of my stuff that i’ve left behind or throw it out. i feel really far away from friends even though i’m only an hour away i’m not sure if i should keep going to my school and if i do love schools then that’s scary in itself. i just feel really out of place and i want to go home but i know i would do better academically and stuff here as well as more opportunities 

maybe you should talk to your dad about it

Talk to your father.

My son moved with his father his Junior year of high school because he had more opportunities at his father's, as well.  I thought it was a good idea... i lived in a rural area, and his dad lived in a nice town with plenty of places for our son to work if he wanted to, and he could ride his bike back and forth to work or school if he wanted to. And the college he wanted to go to was close as well.

I didn't put up a big fit, and i always have had my son's best interests at heart.  Even if i was no longer married to his Dad and even though his dad wasn't my favorite person, his Dad loves our son and took decent care of him (usually but he was sort of oblivious about clothing our son as he outgrew clothes so i had to travel to take him clothes shopping, but that was a good excuse for my son and i to visit).   

Just letting you know my son made some really nice friends at his new high school.  He also found an after-school job.  

So it's up to you about what you want to do.  I don't know what the hell is wrong with your mom and grandmother, though.  They seem a bit selfish