Albert asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Don't you find adult life to be extremely tedious?

It just seems like a lot of work, and really boring, and I don't really see the point of all this. I'm fed up with even the simples things, like having to brush my teeth every day and having to prepare 3 meals a day.

Even our life in general is pretty much schemed out from the beginning. The moment we're born our parents already expect us to 

1) Go to school

2) Get a job

3) Get a car

4) Get a place of our own

5) Get married

6) Have kids

etc. All in somewhat that order. I'm so not up for that. 

No wonder I keep relapsing into alcoholism and prescription drug abuse. I try to "get better" and I do, for a month or two I eat healthy, exercise, do my best at work etc. Then again everything starts to become very boring and I get fed up and just relapse. 

I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking of committing a crime (with no injuries to other people) just to go to jail and not have to deal with life LOL. I know this might seem stupid, but I honestly need a break from everything. 

That's the program. Fail to comply and ended up in poverty.