How to go about finding a grave site? ?

Continuing from my previous question-

I've since found more information and am now in search of where they were laid to rest. Just any advice or links that can help me find where they are. I have their full name, birthdate, death date, etc.

I do have some documents from a coroner, would anything on these documents be useful? (Toxicology report, autopsy.)

• Willie

Look for a grave that's 100's of years old and dump the body from the coffin.

From my limited experience, the most reliable information comes from family records. I hope you have better luck than I have had.

• Maxi

I research ALL real records and have copies/scans of each that each ancestor generated during their lifetime...... 'information', 'transcriptions' are just a clue to find the real record and until I do find the real record it is unproved

A death certificate might have info, like a funeral home or crematorium where the body was taken after the autopsy.  If the body was cremated there might not be a grave site, it might be in an urn on someone's shelf somewhere.  If you know the county where they passed you might call or visit cemetery offices to check their databases.

If you have a coroners report you should also have information as to place of death and what the disposal of the body was, meaning where the person was buried.  A toxicology report or autopsy would not tell you where the person was buried.

Continuing from my previous question-

I've since found more information and am now in search of where they were laid to rest. Just any advice or links that can help me find where they are. I have their full name, birthdate, death date, etc

Try the Find a Grave tool on ancestory.com https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/60525/ or the find a grave website. https://www.findagrave.com/

Most of the death certificates for the USA I've seen have place of burial. If you can't find your person in either of the two sites StephenWeinstein mentioned, and it is worth it to you, buy a copy of the DC.

Try findagrave.com and billiongraves.com

But don't expect to find anything.

With obituaries costing a lot of money to publish finding a printed one might be difficult. Try looking for funeral homes in the area they passed away.

Free sites don't exist and death certificates are not easy to get copies of. But they are maintained at either the state or county level in most states.

Try a white pages search. They do show possible relatives or friends for the person if they were alive with in the past five years or so. This is not always accurate.

Finding the place they are buried will prove difficult unless you find out who handled the arrangements.