Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Is it likely I got covid due to this incident that happened?

Today I was at a crosswalk waiting to cross the road when a lady in her 60’s came over with her 80 year old elderly mother in a wheelchair and stood next to me to wait. Now my head was turned the opposite direction but I heard the lady cough deeply behind me and she was not wearing a face mask. This happened in a city but we have very low cases in this city. I’m now a little worried. 

• Olive

Being its low cases and had your head turned away, it should be alright. The cough could of been something all together different then that

Were you wearing a mask?

If so, you are fairly safe.

As you were both outdoors, even with no mask you are reasonably safe goven it was a breof encounter.

There are other causes of coughs beyond Covid-19.

As a courtesy to others you should treat yourself as a possible carrier for the next 2 weeks and get tested at the end of that time or if you start showing symptoms.

• Jake

I know. Its as stressful as waiting to see if the chick you picked up over the weekend is pregnant or not.