Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

How do you prepare to go beach camping with your dog?

With the weather warming as Spring sets in I'm planning a few days away with my dog and a friend at a camp ground.

It is dog friendly camp ground and nearby there is also a dog friendly off leash beach. 

My dog has great recall but this will be the first time I've ever done camping and beach visits with a dog.

I wouldn't do this but then I'm not a sea and beach person - more a field and forest one.   

I would warn you that if the temperatures are high, a beach is NOT the place for a dog - no shade and the sand gets extremely hot.   I'd also be wary about 'off lead' beaches.   Just like dog parks, some dogs are not trained (recall) and fighting can, and does happen.

But if you feel you want to do this, keeping your dog safe, good luck.

You don't know what kind of people are going to be out there.  I would use an exercise pen for dogs for times you need to keep an eye out for him.

Water, first & foremost. Collar, leash, muzzle (just in case) & then whatever you need to take with you.