Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Was this vitnamese or chinese lady racist or what?

I always used to go to this smoothie place a year ago. Today I visited and there are new employees mostly women who are rude, I don't know if they are chinese or vitnamese but whatever they are. I ordered a smoothie and told her light ice, she was saying she makes all smoothies with the same amount of ice. I was like okay. she literally gave me frozen ice with powder and little bit of milk at the bottom, did I ordered ice? I saw how they made others smoothie and it looked like a smoothie so I don't know why mine was just frozen ice. They used to have nice employees who used to make great smoothies but they said those nice employees no longer works. But was this lady manager and her female coworker being racist towards me? I don't understand

• Lv 6
    5 days ago

Even as a gun-owner, I'm amazed that no one seems to mention anything but the Second Amendment. I often wonder that if not for the Second Amendment, how many people would even know that a Constitution even existed. 

Not every unpleasantness you encounter in life is "racist". Sometimes people are just incompetent. The mere fact that you're calling her "vitnamese (sic) or chinese" indicates some racial animus on your part. 

I would call that rude but no way to tell by one incident racism. I would agree sometimes it feels like you are putting your life on the line at any place of business today for saying anything.

she mightve been racist

You told us that the lady made you a smoothie that wasn't up to standard. You didn't mention anyone else until the last line. So far there's absolutely no indication whatever that anyone was being racist to you.

You can only speculate about the intention behind this woman's behavior. and there was no obligation to pay for your smoothie if you felt it was below the standard you were expecting.  If you feel slighted by what happened, have a conversation with the Head Office of the company.

i would hope not