Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal to cry in the boot camp. I have anxiety and I cant handle someone yelling at me all the time?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Aaron
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

if you are so fragile ,then you I don't recommend you to join the army ,the army life is full of trials and tribulation ,and is nothing like the cushy tasks, if you don't put up with other's criticism ,then you are not fit to be a solider ,you must endure hard life in the army ,and various tasks without prior notice ,     for others , someone yelling at you at the boot camp is a small things ,what if someone ask you to undergo several years of intensive training ?  you need to learn to be strong person ,

• 3 weeks ago

What country are you from?  Most Americans I know would simply say "boot camp," not "the boot camp."

• 3 weeks ago

go to church, that's the best advice you're gonna get. remember that :)

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Ask yourself, how are you going to "handle" people shooting at you, throwing grenades at you, firing cannons at you and dropping bombs on you if you can't even handle being yelled at? 

You might want to reassess your deisre for a career in the military. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Don't worry, when the recruiter learns you are a self described WIMP, you will never get TO basic training.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you have "ANXIETY", you won't be joining the US military forces, ANXIETY is a disqualifying condition.

• 4 weeks ago

Mostly...if you're a GIRL.

Nah, I've seen guys do it too.

• 4 weeks ago

They are training you to handle a lot of difficult situations.  What would you do as a soldier if the enemy just had to yell at you ?  Boot Camp is meant to toughen you up.  Think of it as being in a play.  They have their lines and you have yours. And yours generally start with "Sir" and end with "Sir".

• 4 weeks ago

You should see your Medical officer about your anxiety and he will ensure no one will yell at you.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

not normal but not that unusual either .................

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.