Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I am over 35 and have no boyfriend or husband. I feel so lonely. Marriage etc has nothing got to do with personality or beauty etc?

. It all a matter of luck. Do you agree?

• keerok

Disagree. Marriage is a matter or dedication and hard work. Getting a boyfriend does not depend on luck either. If you go to the right places and behave your own natural way, you will attract the right kind of men for you. Age is of no issue too. It's just how you present yourself confidently so others will respect and love you more. All in all, getting a boyfriend or husband is not a requirement. You can still enjoy life without one. I know a lot of women living happy, contented and peaceful without having a partner.

Can I get your hangout mail please. 

Marriage etc has nothing got to do with personality or beauty etc. I like the idea of not being in a committed relationship unless they will be a servant etc.

Source(s): Whipping boy.

Well, I'm a guy... I don't know if that matters... and I had difficulty understanding David's answer... He said:

"No, I do not agree. For a woman, it's easiest to get married around 23. This is because guys who are worth marrying are mostly interested in youth and beauty in a wife. "

How is a guy who focuses on "youth" and "beauty" someone who is "worth marrying"?????? I just don't get it...

Now, to the person who asked the question...Can I ask you something? do you judge men on superficial things such as height, social status, ability to tell jokes, social skills etc? because judging men on those things is as shallow as men who judge women on "beauty" and "youth"

I hope you find a man who truly loves you... regardless if he isn't tall, funny, rich etc.

• David

No, I do not agree.  For a woman, it's easiest to get married around 23.  This is because guys who are worth marrying are mostly interested in youth and beauty in a wife.  For a woman, those aspects tend to peak around age 23.  

This means, if you are a woman who wants to get married someday, you should start looking for a husband around age 20ish.  After all, it takes a few years to date, get engaged, plan a wedding...

Around age 20, most women are more concerned with having fun...meaning, dating as many guys as possible.   Either that, or they are more interested in education or "career", so that they don't even think about marriage.  So most women spend their entire 20s just casually dating, if they are dating at all.  

Then the 30s hit and that is when women start thinking about marriage.  Only, now it's a bazillion times harder to find a good guy to want to marry you.  The good guys are looking for the 23-year-olds to marry.

People tend to make their own luck.  If you had been looking for a husband shortly after high school, you would probably have one.

• martin

You could end up happier than most married people.

• A

not at all,  a good personality attracts people of both genders.  

I would say that there is some luck involved.  (like who you happen to meet)  But beauty does attract and personality makes a person more loveable.  Character enters into serious relationships.

'

In other words, some people make their own luck.

• ..

Personality is important; you need to try to be upbeat -  luck to find the right person.

• Rick

No, I don't.  I've learned that people make their own luck.  There's a reason you don't have a bf or husband and it's about choice.  It's about some belief you have.  I'm not saying this to be hurtful.  It's just what I've learned in my 60 years of life.