my therapist keeps asking me if I'm really sure I *want* to be gay, is that normal?

sometimes she acts like it's a choice but sometimes she doesn't. It's starting to feel weird and when I ask her to stop she always says I should be more comfortable with talking about this if I was really gay, it's almost as if she doesn't believe I'm gay.

the reason I see her has nothing to do with my sexuality btw

Honestly I think you need to find a different therapist, she doesn’t seem very accepting 

You’re not gay that’s why, she sees thru your lies.

therapist = the/rapist

If you're a man, switch to a hot gay male therapist.

They can be lots of fun!

• reme_1

Call the gay center and ask fir a gay friendly therapist.

Of course it’s a choice, just like everything else in life.

• Sky

The meaning of the question could go either way:  either she mistakenly thinks being gay is a choice that you want to make, or she knows that being gay is an inborn trait that is not a choice (exactly like being straight) but wonders whether you actually want to be or are happy/content to be gay despite having no choice in the matter.  That latter one would be like asking someone who's left handed if they actually want to be left handed, with an answer of no meaning they'd rather be right handed.  I'd say if your therapist asks that question again, ask her why she keeps asking you that.  If she says something that indicates she thinks sexual orientation or homosexuality specifically is a choice rather than an inborn trait of the brain, find another therapist.

I agree that a new therapist is in order.  Also, you do not need to WANT to be gay, even if you are.  If you are, there is nothing that you can do about it.  You need to accept yourself for whoever you are.

I think you need a new therapist, this one is nuts, find one that is lgbt

Get a new therapist.