Should I help pay for the bill's if I'm living with my grandmother? ?

I'm really trying to save up so I can buy a car and move out but my grandmother want's me to start paying her $200 a month now because she needs help paying the bill's and I do not want to pay her because my job doesn't even pay me much to be quite honest and I just want to save enough to buy a car and move out FAST. I'm 23.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Choices?   You live with grandma and pay her $200 a month.    OR... you move out and find somewhere else to live and not pay her $200 a month.   Good luck finding a place to live for less than $200 a month. 

• Dan B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can't afford a car.  You can't afford to move out.  Presuming you pay cash for the car, gas, registration, insurance and maintenance will cost you $250/mo.  Add $350/mo if you finance the car.  When you move out, you'll have to fork over  about $800-$1500/mo in rent, utilites, food, etc.  Even if you decide to live in  your car, it will still cost you more than $500/mo for car expense and food.  Don't be a dork.  Pay grandma and help her out; she's been helping you out and you don't even realize it.

• 3 weeks ago

Bill's what? .

• lj1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You're an adult. You should be helping out with bills. $200 a month is a bargain. Some people spend that much on cable and internet. 

If you can't afford $200 a month rent, how are you going to afford to buy a car and move out?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

23 and mooching off Granny? Give me a break. You're not a kid anymore so step up to the plate and pay your own bills. 

• Eva
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

That is very reasonable rent. You shouldn't expect to live there for free.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Don't be a moocher PAY your grandmother.

• 4 weeks ago

Either pay up or move out now.  Don't try to be a freeloader.

• 4 weeks ago

If you are living with Grandma, you owe Grandma room and board.  Imagine how poor you would be if you lived anywhere else.  

When you do save enough to buy a car, you will never find another place to stay for only $200.  

• 4 weeks ago

i would help her since shes helping you by letting you live with her

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.