Should I help pay for the bill's if I'm living with my grandmother? ?

I'm really trying to save up so I can buy a car and move out but my grandmother want's me to start paying her $200 a month now because she needs help paying the bill's and I do not want to pay her because my job doesn't even pay me much to be quite honest and I just want to save enough to buy a car and move out FAST. I'm 23.

Choices?   You live with grandma and pay her $200 a month.    OR... you move out and find somewhere else to live and not pay her $200 a month.   Good luck finding a place to live for less than $200 a month. 

• Dan B

You can't afford a car.  You can't afford to move out.  Presuming you pay cash for the car, gas, registration, insurance and maintenance will cost you $250/mo.  Add $350/mo if you finance the car.  When you move out, you'll have to fork over  about $800-$1500/mo in rent, utilites, food, etc.  Even if you decide to live in  your car, it will still cost you more than $500/mo for car expense and food.  Don't be a dork.  Pay grandma and help her out; she's been helping you out and you don't even realize it.

Bill's what? .

• lj1

You're an adult. You should be helping out with bills. $200 a month is a bargain. Some people spend that much on cable and internet. 

If you can't afford $200 a month rent, how are you going to afford to buy a car and move out?

23 and mooching off Granny? Give me a break. You're not a kid anymore so step up to the plate and pay your own bills. 

• Eva

That is very reasonable rent. You shouldn't expect to live there for free.

Don't be a moocher PAY your grandmother.

Either pay up or move out now.  Don't try to be a freeloader.

If you are living with Grandma, you owe Grandma room and board.  Imagine how poor you would be if you lived anywhere else.  

When you do save enough to buy a car, you will never find another place to stay for only $200.  

i would help her since shes helping you by letting you live with her