Dental office refusing to file claim. How can I protect myself? ?

I did a tooth extraction that my primary insurance covered partially. I was left with 86.00 to pay. I paid in full. I went home and realized that my 2nd insurance agreed to pay for the whole treatment and they should of been used instead. I went back and provided them the info. This occurred in July and I have been calling for weeks hearing different excuses. We are in September now going to October and I’m just getting plain out ignored now. No communication of what’s happening. I have phone and email records of me requesting this to be done. I have already told my credit card to cancel that transaction as it should of been filed by now. What else do I need to do to insure I cover myself here? I don’t want anything coming back to me. 

• Eva

File it yourself.  Your primary pays first though, and your secondary would pick up anything that remained that was covered.

File the claim yourself. If the dentist filed via the insurance info you gave, their responsibility ends. It's not their problem to go back & straighten out the mess. In fact, since they've already been paid, filing another claim with a different insurer could be considered fraud.