Dental office refusing to file claim. How can I protect myself? ?

I did a tooth extraction that my primary insurance covered partially. I was left with 86.00 to pay. I paid in full. I went home and realized that my 2nd insurance agreed to pay for the whole treatment and they should of been used instead. I went back and provided them the info. This occurred in July and I have been calling for weeks hearing different excuses. We are in September now going to October and I’m just getting plain out ignored now. No communication of what’s happening. I have phone and email records of me requesting this to be done. I have already told my credit card to cancel that transaction as it should of been filed by now. What else do I need to do to insure I cover myself here? I don’t want anything coming back to me. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

File it yourself.  Your primary pays first though, and your secondary would pick up anything that remained that was covered.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

File the claim yourself. If the dentist filed via the insurance info you gave, their responsibility ends. It's not their problem to go back & straighten out the mess. In fact, since they've already been paid, filing another claim with a different insurer could be considered fraud.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.