Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 4 weeks ago

Why is Michael Jordan so underrated?

I get that the average fan only looks at his scoring but he was so much more than that. 

Michael Jordan could create his own shot better than anyone in history. Harden jacks up a lot of bad shots, Lebron dunks on smaller people who lack his size and athleticism. Jordan could just take a ball and score on anybody. 

Jordan's mid-range game is the best since the creation of the 3 point line  Jordan was an assassin from that range. Lebron shoots 37% from the same range against inferior defenses. 

Michael Jordan  is one of the best defenders in the history of the game. 

Jordan was versatile. He was the PG for the Dream Team. He played SF later in his career. 

Jordan played against a higher level competition. He had to beat the Showtime Lakers, Bird's Celtics, the Pistons and Hakeem's Rockets to win a championship. I haven't seen a team in 20 yea I would even put it that category.  

Even if you throw out everything I've said to this point though- Jordan is STILL the GOAT just because of his tenacity and competitiveness. He will find a way to win even if its beating your grandma at scrabble. 

• rick60

He dont show himself to the public that much

• Rusty

Sports fans who are Trump supporters tend to mark him down based on skin color.

Because he was a jerk to everyone and burned too many bridges

He's underrated by some, but not by most die hard sports fans. Most of them realize His Airness is clearly the GOAT. I know, I sell sports collectibles for a living.

Yes but did you know that Tim Tebow was actually more competitive than Peyton Manning, and THAT's why he won more postseason playoff games in his first year as the Broncos started than Peyton?

Michael Jordan is the most OVERRATED athlete in sports history!

Also, he was 0-6 in playoffs against the Celtics, so he NEVER got past them!

You're overrating Jordan to claim he's underrated.  Examples:  1 - Jordan never "beat Hakeem's Rockets" to win a title.  2 - Jordan took PLENTY of bad shots.  Because they're not on highlight/worship videos doesn't mean they didn't happen.  3 - Jordan did play high level competition... and they beat the snot out of his Bulls.  How'd he do against the 80's Celtics or 80's Pistons? 

I'm not saying Jordan wasn't a great player - he was a great player - but in no way shape or form was he underrated.   

because a lot of his greatness was the result of hard work, dedication and sacrifice....

...and those things are generally underrated in today's society...

Plenty of people agree with you.  Being underrated is not a problem for Michael Jordan.