J asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

16 years old male,  6ft tall and haven't grown in 6 months, will I grow any taller?

Right now I'm 6ft (183cm) but I haven't grown in 6 months. My Dad is 6ft  2 and my Mum is 5ft 7 bordering 5ft 8. My dad says he was 5ft 10ish at my age and did have a lull at around 16-17, however he had another growth spurt at around 17-18 and grew to 6ft 2 by 21 years old. I haven't grown in 6 months and last time I did grow (late 15s early 16s) it was only about 1 inch. Is it definite that I will grow some more bar any accidents or anything, or is it more likely that I have finished growing and this is my final height?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

actually yes you can grow taller as your not done growing

• 4 weeks ago

i would be guessing

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You probably will grow a little bit more; but 6ft is a really good height as it means you'll be less prone to leg ulcers in later life than taller people.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

measure yourself every day to see

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You need to compare yourself to your great-uncles average heights (maternal side, and least 6 great uncles), when they were 14 and 1/2 years old, just like your books read.

• 4 weeks ago

Males often continue to grow (slowly) until mid 20's

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stop complaining about your height. 6 foot is a good average standing height for a man. 6 foot isn't tall but it's adequate enough. Accept and appreciate yourself for who you are. You may NOT or may still grow until you are 21 years old.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes you still can grow taller

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.