J asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

16 years old male,  6ft tall and haven't grown in 6 months, will I grow any taller?

Right now I'm 6ft (183cm) but I haven't grown in 6 months. My Dad is 6ft  2 and my Mum is 5ft 7 bordering 5ft 8. My dad says he was 5ft 10ish at my age and did have a lull at around 16-17, however he had another growth spurt at around 17-18 and grew to 6ft 2 by 21 years old. I haven't grown in 6 months and last time I did grow (late 15s early 16s) it was only about 1 inch. Is it definite that I will grow some more bar any accidents or anything, or is it more likely that I have finished growing and this is my final height?

• kelvin

actually yes you can grow taller as your not done growing

i would be guessing

You probably will grow a little bit more; but 6ft is a really good height as it means you'll be less prone to leg ulcers in later life than taller people.

measure yourself every day to see

You need to compare yourself to your great-uncles average heights (maternal side, and least 6 great uncles), when they were 14 and 1/2 years old, just like your books read.

Males often continue to grow (slowly) until mid 20's

Stop complaining about your height. 6 foot is a good average standing height for a man. 6 foot isn't tall but it's adequate enough. Accept and appreciate yourself for who you are. You may NOT or may still grow until you are 21 years old.

Yes you still can grow taller