What is the name of this book?

The book in question is one i read back in second or third grade (meaning its most definitely a schoolastic book since i am young enough for that to have existed) i somehow remember most of the book off the top of my head no issue but i can't for the life of me remember the name. The book was about a young boy (probably a young man actually) around the age of 16 -18 who works at a zoo, however if you are a fan of anime you might recognize this plot style, he accidentally falls into the hippopotamus exhibit and is swallowed whole waking up in some other world. this is when things kick off with him using quite terrible advice i believe he got from a survival show in order to find civilization by following a river or creek, eventually finding some sort of monastery with a sundial. skipping ahead alot when he video game style collects gear over the course of the book along side collecting friends he also collects letters and groups of letters in order to complete the task of being able to say the main villains name, for the villains only weakness and the possible killing blow (never finished the book btw) was to say the mans name to his face. However in saying the name you would instantaneously forget the name fouling all progress, which sadly happens to the main character and he is arrested after saying it to a practical body double inside a nigh impenetrable fortress. Which is sadly where my memory of the book ends, please help me in finding the book... i want to finish it.

For once, I found the book someone seeks. This is surprisingly difficult most of the time.

But how many books can there be in which being swallowed by a hippo opens a portal to an alternate world, right?

You want "Beyonders: A World Without Heroes!" by Brandon Mull. It's part of a trilogy. Start here: https://www.amazon.com/World-Without-Heroes-Beyond... where used copies are as low priced as ten cents.