Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

Too much discipline for a child?

My friend told me she knows this guardian that is always mean to the child. Always yell and  says stuff like " I should have never allowed you to live here" " You are a stupid child" " You are so useless" literally does not let the child do anything. If the child wants to go out with friends he would say stuff like " You do not deserve to go anywhere" or " You are going to pick up bad habits from friends"   Is this some form of abuse? The child is only 8 years old. Whenever people tell the guardian to calm down the guardian would say stuff like " Why are you all defending this evil child"  Now the child always cry. One time a visitor said hello to the child and the guardian said " Do not talk to that fool " What should be done? Is this tough love or what? This has been happening for two years he never liked the child. Just so much more to it. Anyways i need opinions. Serious responses only. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Thats not discipline thats abuse

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes. That is abuse. One of you bystanders should report the abuse to authorities or just live with the fact that you all did nothing to help a vulnerable child.  

• 4 weeks ago

Yes that's abuse and you definitely should call child protection services. This can really lower the child's self esteem and the abuse may even get worse if you don't report it. There's no excuse for what this child's guardian is doing and he shouldn't be around children at all.

• 4 weeks ago

That is abuse. Even if it's not physical it is a type of abuse. That child is being abused. That needs to be reported immediately. It's abuse.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.