Is the following sentence grammatically correct? Is it awkward or sounds you good?

This evening he did an oral test and an auditory test of English.

he took a test, is what we normally would say.  Not usually something a person does, but rather something a person takes.  Oral implies that the test was both talking and listening, so you would not have to say that there was a listening part.  Auditory does not mean listening, so you would never say "auditory" when you mean listening comprehension.  Auditory testing is a hearing test, a test of you ear functioning. Auditory refers to the functional use of sounds.  Not really speech-specific in any way.

If the testing was first in speaking, and then in listening comprehension, then that is what you would say.

• John P

"This evening he has done an oral and a listening test in English."  I use the 'has done' form because the tests must have been done no longer than a couple of hours before somebody said that sentence, if it is 'this' evening.  

Another form would be: "...he has taken an...."

Very rarely do you see 'auditory' used except in technical areas. Certainly in 70 years in Britain and Australia I have never heard anybody say 'auditory'.

This evening he did the English oral and auditory test.

It's my assumption.

This evening he took both an English speaking and listening test. 

• Jake

I would add the word BOTH after the first an though I'm not certain that's right.