Christine asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Do I have a mental problem?

I have full conversations with my self since childhood. I watch anime all day. I think about anime all day.I have no friends. I have imaginary anime friends at 31 one years old. I know this sounds crazy.

Do I have a mental problem? If so, how can I get help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Emily
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Hello, Christine. I can certainly understand how you feel. Do you think it might be helpful to discuss with a counselor? I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. Sending prayers your way.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Ha! You got LANned!

• LAN
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you didn't you wouldn't be begging for attention like this online.

• 4 weeks ago

Are you distressed by the fact that you enjoy anime or have these imaginary friends? Are you distressed by your lack of "real" friends? Does your internal world negatively impact how you interact in the world outside yourself--- meaning are you able to work if you want/need to, are you able to manage your finances, can you tend to your physical health, do you know when to see the doctor, do you eat regularly and relatively healthily, are you getting appropriate sleep? If you can manage daily living and take care of responsibilities, then you probably don't meet the criteria for a mental health disorder. If you are struggling with those aspects of daily living and are not able to manage your responsibilities; or otherwise feel shame, depression, anxiety, etc about your lifestyle... then it's a good idea to get some help. But as for talking to yourself, that's normal for people of all ages. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

when they call you after the next time you get discharged from the psych ward, call them back next time

• 4 weeks ago

you saw all the sister ******* comments. and then u are telling me im a bad indian? lol. no one is more perverted in this world. i dont know why people are after me. :(  thank god the truth is coming out slowly for all u people who judge me

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.