Why am I allergic to Kaiser rolls?

I can’t believe I’ve never asked this question on a forum before because I have never been able to find an answer - why do I break out in hives every time I eat Kaiser rolls (and not any other type of bread)? 

It first started in high school; our school had a new vending machine with fresh sandwiches and I fell in love with this one that was on a Kaiser bun (never even heard of it before)...but I ate it every day for a week, but every morning for that week I was waking up COVERED in hives (from head to toe, my hands, feet, arms, legs, chest, face, EVERYTHING)...my mom took me to the doctor and they asked if I had been using new body wash, lotion, shampoo, detergent, etc. and my answer was no to everything. Then I went to school and it dawned on me that this was the only thing different I had been doing, so I stopped eating them and the hives went away. 

2 yrs later, I’m eating a cheeseburger at a friends house and they only have Kaiser buns, and I broke out into hives within maybe 3 hours. And now, 10 yrs later, I’ve tested it a couple times along the way just to see if I still get a reaction, and I still get hives!!

I am not allergic to any other food except for pine nuts. And I do not see anything in a Kaiser roll recipe that’s different than most other breads. Why does this happen to me? I cannot find ANYTHING online. Please help, if not for anything more than my curiosity/sanity. 

• Andy C

Allergies can only occur with proteins.  The only way that you could seem to be allergic to a specific type of roll but NOT to any of its parts is if your reaction is a psychosomatic one where you eat kaiser buns and give yourself hives.

Personally,  I would take a hard look at the corn flour and its amounts of branched chain amino acids luecine, isoluecine and valine.

These are amino acids ergo proteins that can cause allergies as well as cause serious liver inflammation.

• Merit

According to Wikipedia, they're often made with malt. Could that be the problem?