Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 3 weeks ago

What do you think of the towns of Scunthorpe or Grimsby in East Midlands ? UK ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I've heard of them, but I've never needed to visit either.  Both have quite grim sounding names.

• 3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe the Grooming capital of the UK we would have been better off if the Nazis invaded the Uk in 1940 

• F
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Well Grimsby used to be a massive fishing port ( biggest in the world in 1950), but due to the EU and weak UK governments it is now home to just 5 fishing boats. Basically it’s well named, with the emphasis on Grim.

Scunthorpe used to be a steel town but most of that is gone due to pathetic governments of both parties. It’s probably best known from the saying “ if Tetley put the T in Britain, who put the c•nt in Scunthorpe ?

Both places have underachieving professional football teams.

• 3 weeks ago

Grimsby and Scunthorpe are geographically in what we call the 'North'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I always think of Grimsby as a coastal town, therefore not part of a land-based area such as East Midlands, no matter what borders are made by politicians.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe is a large market and industrial town in the North Lincolnshire borough in Lincolnshire, England.

Grimsby, also Great Grimsby, is a large coastal English seaport and administrative centre in North East Lincolnshire

• 3 weeks ago

they are not east midlands 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.