Simon asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Would someone be so kind to make a 40 week half marathon training plan for me please?

OK, so I just had the news that our local half marathon was cancelled due to COVID.  It has a new date though.  Sunday 4th July 2021.  That's 40 weeks and 2 days away.  I want to train so I can finish the race in great style, injury free, with a fast time.  Forgetting my current health and fitness status, starting from scratch, I have 40 weeks to train myself physically for the 13.1 race.  Can someone help, please?  Week by week

• .

That's a REALLY long time to train for a half. I'm not a distance runner but ran my first Half in 2019 using a 22 (it was 22 or 24) week Jeff Galloway plan I found online for free. Look up free half marathon training plans online and take a look. There may be ones out there longer than what I used, but I can't imagine many people needing or wanting to train THAT long for a single race. Many people train 8 - 12 weeks for a Half.

• Adam D

Coaching is a profession.  Most folks don't work for free.