Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Do You Think The UK Should Go Into Lockdown Again?

Why/Why not?

I think there should be a China style lockdown for one month until COVID-19 cases completely disappear. No one should also be allowed to come into the UK or leave. 

No, Boris has it sorted, no groups of more than six because it's always the 7th person that has it and do what you want before 10PM because the virus doesn't wake up until that time.

No, we should stick with local lockdowns for the area's that have higher infection or Hospitalisations.  Here in the SW both the infection and Hospitalisation rates are low.

Do you work from home?

I'm not. I can't afford another lockdown over a virus with 99% survival rate(at my age).

If someone is anxious, stay at home. But not on the expense of others.

How selfish it is to say? "It's so contageous, I don't want my parents to die, so the whole country should stay put"

My father is 71, diabetic, was scheduled for a heart surgery in May. If he dies, it's going to be because of the lack of treatment! Otherwise he has common sense. I buy his food, he stays at home. Difficult????????????

That wouldn't make the virus 'disappear'. It would just lurk invisibly until lockdown was over, then spring back again.

My proposal is to shut all pubs, army to patrol the streets, unneeded foreign travel to cease 

No lockdowns are pointless they achieve nothing. If there wasn't so much scaremongering from the so called experts people would just get on with their lives. It's a virus not the plague.

How can cases completely disappear? Unless the whole world locked down for a month at the same time - and even then the sneaky virus would lurk somewhere waiting for a chance to strike.

You’d have to stop all national and international travel too, and I can’t see that happening.

It seems that we are stuck with it and cannot spend our lives hiding away. Unless you are old, vulnerable or a complete wimp you should get on with things whilst taking reasonable precautions.

I still don’t understand why there wasn’t such a panic during the last two pandemics in my lifetime, Asian flu in late 1950s and Hong Kong flu in 1968-9. I remember reading some hysterical headlines in the papers, but there was never any question of lockdowns then.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/...

• JASON

We're only delaying the inevitable. You can't stop a disease. Eventually everyone will be exposed, it's just a matter of time. It's better to expose the healthy people and let it run its course. I've only heard a couple of cases where someone has caught it twice, if the testing can be trusted, which it can't. .

• Are you crazy? If our economy fails we will all starve. The government can't keep paying wages for no work.

What's required is for people to be more sensible and take social distancing seriously until an effective vaccine has been produced and tested to make sure the side effects aren't worse than the disease. 

We are facing an uncertain future and the only way to survive is to follow government guidelines and use common sense. 

Losers should go into lockdown, winners should get on with running the country