Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I feel like I’m not young enough for my older boyfriend, is this a normal/typical situation?

I am 25 and my boyfriend of less than a year is 42. I sometimes am paranoid that he looks at very thin girls who look young enough to be teenagers. I don’t know if he actually is or if I’m just insecure but I myself wish I looked underage and skinny.  It makes me feel like I need to work harder on being young-looking and that I should lose some weight. I’m not overweight, I’m actually on the lower end on the BMI scale, but the girls I am threatened by look like they weigh 95 pounds. He never says anything to me to make me feel this way but it just seems men generally prefer very young looking women. 

RowdyBurnout, as I’ve said, men want younger typically. I don’t even feel young enough. 

But guys my age don’t want serious relationships, he actually commits to me. 

I think you have hooked up with a pervert/pedophile...and you have no idea of your own worth.  Dump this guy and take some counseling.

Honestly, you need to learn a bit about the sexual nature of the male. They look.  However, a man who spends a lot of time looking at other women when he's out on a date with his girlfriend is a true idiot and not much of a gentleman at all. 

I wouldn't date a guy like this.

I have a friend whose boyfriend would actually glare at other women when they were out on dates.  A few times, he got up from their table or the bar and he'd go talk to another woman for 15-45 minutes at the time!  No i'm not kidding. That guy would have been history in my world.

I don't put up with crap... even so i know men look, but staring and glaring at other women and leaving their date to talk to someone else? NO.  

You have to decide what to do. I can't figure it out for you. But i do know that, if i'm uncomfortable in a relationship, i do not remain in it.  Never did, never will.

Men who date women young enough to be their daughters have issues.  They have an inability to commit, they're immature, and they have a lot of mental and emotional issues.  It sounds like you do as well, and he's exploiting them.  This is unhealthy.  Break up with him and find someone your own age.

• Jay

If you are not young enough for your 42 year old boyfriend and you are 25...then your boyfriend is a pedophile freak.

Check his computer and cell phone for pictures of underage girls ... save the file to a USB and take it to the police and then look for a guy who is a decent human being.

If you stay girlfriends with a pedophile and keep denying that is what he is...then you are just as guilty.  You are Ghislaine Maxwell.

Guess where SHE is?

I'm a 25 year old dude and I wouldn't date a woman that is 42 "3 years younger than my Mother" even if I'm the one doing the pounding. 

WTF is wrong with women and older people that could be their parents? I don't get it. Lol 

I'm asking you a question on your question. Lol 

Anyways, he sounds like a pedophile to me. Or he could be working his way down. Or he's dating women almost 20 years younger than him so he can be right in the middle and not look like a complete freak.