Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 4 weeks ago

I live in Denver, CO and I want a nude painting of myself! Where should I go for this?

Hey! Super weird request but Ive been doing some research and I wasn't able to find any information! I have an empty space above my fireplace and I think it would be hilarious and so awesome to get a nude painting of myself hung there. 4ft x 3ft or 4ftx 2ft. I also didn't want to break the bank doing it! 

Any suggestions or ideas or links to people you may know would be great! Thanks in advance. 

Update:

Totally okay with amateur painters or someone who would even want to get a little creative with a nude painting. If you just need the experience, ill do it for free :) haha

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

You could contact this artist, Sandy Clifton, for a quote.

https://sandyclifton2.wixsite.com/sandy-artist-sit...

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just a suggestion but a nude portrait of yourself above you fireplace is kinda strange.  It's just not the type of art that goes there and people will be instantly turned off when seeing it.  A tasteful and professionally done nude of someone else, perhaps.  Now to answer your question; try the art department at your local community college.  I took a class years ago and we painted nudes.  Find a good artist/teacher who specializes is nudes or figures and ask if you could model for the class.  You could end up with one of the paintings. 

• 4 weeks ago

Try looking for a portrait artist near you on thumbtack.com. They have over a hundred here in the Denver area. https://www.thumbtack.com/co/denver/portrait-artis...

• gerald
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Would you be happy if it was abstract or sureal like an eye in each corner of the canvass ? It is art 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Look up ads for local artists that do commissions.  Any serious artist should have a portfolio available for you to get an idea of his/her works.

You can also go to local art schools or art supply shops.  Most will have a bulletin board where artists leave their cards or advertise their services.  A good artist should be able to listen to what you have in mind and quote you a price. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.