Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 4 weeks ago

I live in Denver, CO and I want a nude painting of myself! Where should I go for this?

Hey! Super weird request but Ive been doing some research and I wasn't able to find any information! I have an empty space above my fireplace and I think it would be hilarious and so awesome to get a nude painting of myself hung there. 4ft x 3ft or 4ftx 2ft. I also didn't want to break the bank doing it! 

Any suggestions or ideas or links to people you may know would be great! Thanks in advance. 

Totally okay with amateur painters or someone who would even want to get a little creative with a nude painting. If you just need the experience, ill do it for free :) haha

• Phil

You could contact this artist, Sandy Clifton, for a quote.

https://sandyclifton2.wixsite.com/sandy-artist-sit...

Just a suggestion but a nude portrait of yourself above you fireplace is kinda strange.  It's just not the type of art that goes there and people will be instantly turned off when seeing it.  A tasteful and professionally done nude of someone else, perhaps.  Now to answer your question; try the art department at your local community college.  I took a class years ago and we painted nudes.  Find a good artist/teacher who specializes is nudes or figures and ask if you could model for the class.  You could end up with one of the paintings. 

Try looking for a portrait artist near you on thumbtack.com. They have over a hundred here in the Denver area. https://www.thumbtack.com/co/denver/portrait-artis...

• gerald

Would you be happy if it was abstract or sureal like an eye in each corner of the canvass ? It is art 

Look up ads for local artists that do commissions.  Any serious artist should have a portfolio available for you to get an idea of his/her works.

You can also go to local art schools or art supply shops.  Most will have a bulletin board where artists leave their cards or advertise their services.  A good artist should be able to listen to what you have in mind and quote you a price.