Shadow
Shadow asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why are there people who are insensitive to emotions?

It bothers me because they are depressing to be around and they have no emotional response. Miserable sods. Were they wronged or something? I like to be in tune with emotions and if anyone has a problem with emotionally sensitive people, it’s their loss. Some people badmouth those who are sensitive. I don’t know what their problem is.

• martin

A lack of sensitivity to emotions is a bad sign and may come from hurtful experiences with people who are mean or bullying about showing emotions.

• keerok

Some people can't take social cues. You have to be direct with them. It's not their fault. Some weren't abused or anything like that. It's just that they were born that way.

It's because not everyone is the same psychologically. I'm not a very emotional person, and dealing with highly emotional people is very taxing for me...seems like a lot of unnecessary drama I can do without. Like you, we don't have a problem...you and I are just different.