How to get a girlfriend when you're unattractive?

I'm not bald, or fat. I have a job and my own home, but I'm short. I'm not well endowed either (under 6 inches)  I have been told that I'm handsome, but I don't know, as a lot of people called me ugly in highschool. (I was also called gay so often that I worried girls believed it) how do you get a girlfriend when it seems like no one is ever interested in you? 

Nothing looks better and attracts women more than a confident man.

Get money and a nice car, it will attract you all of them.  Even the fat ones.

You do not "get a girlfriend". You "get" a car. You "get" financing on the new car. You "get" groceries from the supermarket. 

You have to meet a girl, get to know a girl, let the girl get to know you, allow feelings to grow, a bond to form, etc. Then maybe things will progress to the point where you'd both call each other girl/boy friend. 

work towards a passion or goal in your life that is more important than women. Once women finds out they are not your first priority, you will get more women than hugh hefner. 

• Misty

women like men based on the way the man makes her feel. and by that i mean the way he himself makes her feel...by the things he says and does. you don't need good looks for that.

• SW-6

One of your obstacles here is that you think you aren't good enough.  Women dont want anything to do with a man who has no self esteem.  So you are short.  So you are not well endowed.  Ya think every other man on this earth is tall and has a large xxx?  Ya think every woman on this earth loves the size of her feet?  The way one eye is larger than the other?  How she has to wear heels to make it to 5'7"?   Friend, none of us is perfect.  The good in this is that we all have to believe that perfect or not, we are still fabulous.  I know I have larger feet, I am shorter than most, and one eye is slightly larger than the other, but guess what?  I am a good person, treat others with respect, and I am fabulous.  Anyone would be lucky to have me in their circle and BLEEP them if they think different.  If you adapt a confidence of this sort you will adapt a larger audience of women wanting to know more about the confident man who lives down the street.  Once they get to know more about Mr. Confident, the things you find negative about yourself will be forgotten in the knowing that you are a good caring respectful person and will do the right things when it comes to a relationship.  You have a job, a home and you can tell just from reading your post that you are a kind, thoughtful, caring man.  Honey, you don't realize it but you are a CATCH.  TRUST ME!  Life is short  - you better stop this" po pitiful me"  mess and realize your worth before life passes you by.   Good luck to you :)

Well I liked a dude, and he's short. When I first saw him I didn't think he was cute but I know he's got alot of fans. I even thought he wasn't interested in girls because he was super nice to his male friends. He's serious looking, probably because he's a nerd. Seriously I don't know where to go from here, I don't even remember when I started liking him but I still do, honestly. He's way too mature for his age, we're like 8 years apart. But he has the wisdom of a 60 year old man. What I do remember is the feeling I got when he laughed at my jokes. He's got that charming inner child. And I love quoting his words. He can be insecure and vulnerable at times, but that's what makes him attractive. Like there's something beautiful about him being honest with himself. I don't think he feels the same way I do about him, though. But that's life. 

• Alan H

You are not unattractive.   Widen your circle of friend.   Maybe take up volunteering.

You will make lots of new friends

You're being too hard on yourself. There are strong women out there who are looking for a strong man - they're not overly concerned with looks because they know looks fade with age.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already) and eventually look for this type of woman (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS Here are "21 tips that could help you to attract a strong person" from the book True Love Lasts:

1. Take the time and put in the effort to become a strong person yourself (this is the most important tip)

2. Put yourself in as many situations as possible that will allow you to potentially come in contact with other strong people - community service organizations, the library, high school or college clubs, the “Y” or other workout facilities, religious book studies, coffee shops, non-alcoholic parties, bookstores, concerts (wear a good pair of earplugs to protect your ears from permanent hearing loss), co-ed recreational athletic teams, community service projects, mission trips, volunteer service, etc. Try to get to know other people as much as possible without dating

3. Be cheerful, approachable, and friendly - smile regularly to put others at ease (let people see your positive attitude)

4. Take a real interest in getting to know others. Ask people an open-ended question about themselves in order to get them talking. Share things related to what’s been said as needed to keep the conversation going. Then ask them another question

5. Be polite and kind to everyone - even to people who you don’t like or enjoy being around

6. If you decide to not accept a request for a date, do it in a kind way (being rude isn’t a good choice and it doesn’t help you - word about it will get out and you’ll become less approachable)

7. Be confident about yourself - if you’re trying to become a stronger person each day, you already have a lot going for you

8. Be humble - don’t act like you’re Miss Charming or you’re Mr. Wonderful

9. Don’t be concerned about whether or not someone likes you

10. Have the attitude that if someone doesn’t like you - they don’t really know you

11. Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep (at least nine hours for teens, at least seven hours for adults according to the experts), exercising regularly (if approved by your doctor), and eating a healthy diet

12. Develop a good sense of humor - including the ability to laugh at your own mistakes

13. Be known as a hard worker

14. Dress well and dress modestly at the same time (wearing seductive clothing doesn’t attract another strong person)

15. Pay attention to your appearance, but don’t obsess over it (remember that strong people are attracted to other strong people, they’re not too concerned about looks - because they realize that looks fade with age). If you use makeup, make sure it’s not excessive. Use perfumes and colognes sparingly - if at all

16. Truly care about other people

17. Stay in close communication with real friends who can help you through the ups and downs of life and hold you accountable

18. Be patient - real friends can help you with this

19. Persevere - please remember that almost nothing worthwhile is quick and easy. Please don’t settle for dating a weak person

20. Don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to date you

21. Don’t act desperate for a date

Source(s): The book True Love Lasts
  • Liz

That's something you can't hurry. Just be patient and wait. When the right girl comes along, you'll know how she feels about you.