Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

How can I get rid of these hiccups? ?

I drank too many beers and I can't stop hiccupping! How can I get rid of them?

• .

Take a deep breath, hold the air and drink a glass of water while doing so.

• Will

My friend had me plug up my ears and nose (pinkies on nose and thumbs on ears) and drink sprite (she said any carbonated beverage would work) through a straw very slowly with very small sips, holding your breath and keeping everything plugged up the entire time, until they stopped. It was miraculous.

• Judy

Take a slow deep breath, hold it, and then exhale very slowly.  Sometimes you might need to repeat 1 or 2 times.  This technique usually works for me.

• T'rone

a teaspoon of sugar worked for me.

• Goerge

I HATE the hiccups. No, really, I truly Hate the hiccups. I am not sure you are understanding the words that are coming out of my mouth. I. HATE. hiccups. I will eat 2TB of dry sugar, swalling as quick as possible. I will then eat peanut butter by big spoonfulls, as quickly as possible, and if I choke, that's fine. Should all that fail things get so very gross and if it ever comes to that, that ALWAYS stops them. Usually the sugar works so I am not left with the final course of action. Did I mention that I hate hiccups and NEED to stop hiccupping asap? You could also try slamming a full beer and hold your breath, holding down the BELCH. 

Essentially you are relaxing your spasming or contracting diaphragm(under your ribcage and not that other one) when you stop hiccupping. 

Get a glass of water. Drink it from the opposite side of the glass.

Always works for me.

• kswck2

One or two Tablespoons of sugar. Just chew and swallow. 

i read that having Sex stops them.