Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

How can I get rid of these hiccups? ?

I drank too many beers and I can't stop hiccupping! How can I get rid of them?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Take a deep breath, hold the air and drink a glass of water while doing so.

• Will
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

My friend had me plug up my ears and nose (pinkies on nose and thumbs on ears) and drink sprite (she said any carbonated beverage would work) through a straw very slowly with very small sips, holding your breath and keeping everything plugged up the entire time, until they stopped. It was miraculous.

• Judy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Take a slow deep breath, hold it, and then exhale very slowly.  Sometimes you might need to repeat 1 or 2 times.  This technique usually works for me.

• T'rone
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

a teaspoon of sugar worked for me.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I HATE the hiccups. No, really, I truly Hate the hiccups. I am not sure you are understanding the words that are coming out of my mouth. I. HATE. hiccups. I will eat 2TB of dry sugar, swalling as quick as possible. I will then eat peanut butter by big spoonfulls, as quickly as possible, and if I choke, that's fine. Should all that fail things get so very gross and if it ever comes to that, that ALWAYS stops them. Usually the sugar works so I am not left with the final course of action. Did I mention that I hate hiccups and NEED to stop hiccupping asap? You could also try slamming a full beer and hold your breath, holding down the BELCH. 

Essentially you are relaxing your spasming or contracting diaphragm(under your ribcage and not that other one) when you stop hiccupping. 

• 1 month ago

Get a glass of water. Drink it from the opposite side of the glass.

Always works for me.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

One or two Tablespoons of sugar. Just chew and swallow. 

• 1 month ago

i read that having Sex stops them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.