John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why  do liberals hate their own country yet have no problem buying iphones made by child slave labor on the other side of the world?

• James

Because the voices in your head say so. Still it is nice to know that you agree that “capitalists” still love slave labor.

Republicans claim the only way jobs will come back to America is if we embrace child slave labor here, since American corporations are afraid to pay anybody a decent wage. 

Liberalism doesn't imply the hatred of one's own country, but the American lack of political-philosophical understanding has warped words to such an extent, that they're no longer similar. So I'm not going to go on about how liberalism doesn't mean leftism, and how both the Democratic and Republican parties are liberal in the correct sense of the term.

But, you can dislike a system without this individualist outlook. Not everyone views boycotts as effective, especially in a system that by its fundamental nature is unethical and exploitative. Capitalism isn't something to be fixed, it's something to be destroyed and replaced before it destroys us.

Did the French Revolutionaries just seek to replace their brutal monarch with a more 'enlightened' one, or a more benevolent one? No. They saw that the whole system was unethical and crumbling, tore it down, and replaced it with another one.

I have a friend who hates giant corporations, but loves Apple products religiously. Don't ask me how that makes sense.

Bisbee hates the half of Americans I like.

I'm a Democrat. Love my country. Dislike my president. Why do you hate half of Americans?

I don’t buy at Walmart. Sorry.

Yawn...................................