Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is this atheists role model, where they get their morals?

"The Happy Scientist"

• Doc

Apparently from the right place. Studies show that Theist have the higher rates all across the list on Child molesting priest, pornography , abortion, fraud , bigotry Racism , adultery . you guy suck.

• Archer

Apparently Theists are unaware of, hence have no morals until they can learn to fear a god. Atheist parents teach their children morality from birth because 'they' actually know what a morality is and where it comes from. I often wonder what keeps Theistic children form killing and eating each other until the learn to fear their gods.

meanwhile no atheist leader has stood up in court and been convicted of child rape

• Mike

Morality is a set of other-focused behaviors and actions that allow society to function.

Morality has nothing to do with someone's belief in a particular deity.

That is like saying morality comes from being a brunette and if you hair that is not brown you are immoral.

No, atheists don't get their morals from scientists.  Why do Christians keep trying to pretend that scientists are some kind of object of worship for atheists?

It’s a damn sight better than getting them from Trump. 

• ?

Believe it or not, I don't need some self appointed figurehead to dictate my morality for me. Im capable of deciding what is right for myself

Romans 2:14 For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. 15 They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused.

• God

Morals are rules based on society and well being of a population. 

Atheists get their morals the same place theists do. And no, that is not God or a Holy Book.