Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

My friend start weeping when he talk about his God and his deeds.Is it abnormal requiring psychiatric treatment?

7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    If requiring psychiatric treatment is abnormal, there are thousands of abnormal atheists.

  • Cee
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

    You have to ask yourself how "real" is his weeping

  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Yes, your friend probably needs psychiatric treatment.

  • Kin
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

    There is nothing abnormal about the way he feels about his Creator and his deeds, it means he cares and wishes to please God. To weep for the Creator is vital to the believer and benefits the believer in ways that's beyond your comprehension if I were to state some obvious reasons.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

    So did the apostle Peter when he realized he'd denied Jesus three times during the night of His betrayal. He wept bitterly, he was so ashamed of such sinful deeds, remembering that he had sworn to Jesus that, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." He was rightly filled with guilt and remorse. He didn't need psychiatric treatment for facing up to the truth! But after Jesus' resurrection, He made sure Peter was restored and forgiven. Matthew 26:31-35

    Perhaps your friend just needs reassurance about genuine repentance leading to genuine forgiveness by God. Read Jeremiah 17 verses 7-8 & 14 to him, then Philippians 1:6. He just might need reassurance about the overwhelming love and forgiveness of God towards those who humbly seek Him in faith.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    Show respect you SOB

  • Nous
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Spiritual experience has been shown to be linked to neurological characteristics specifically associated with epilepsy. 

    Religious fervour is a symptom in a number of psychiatric conditions like schizophrenia and is a symptom of the disease NOT a real belief!

    University of Missouri

    Your friend has unstable emotions and needs understanding and help and should see a medical practitioner to see if he requires psychological or psychiatric help!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.