Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Am I doing enough at the gym?

Hi,

Here's how I usually work out:

Monday - 

15 min Exercise bike (warm up)

Seated Row: 6 x 10 reps (30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Lat Pull-downs: 6 x 10 reps (30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Pec Deck Fly: 6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Chest Press: 6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Tuesday -

Rest

Wednesday -

15 min exercise bike (warm up)

Leg press:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Seated Leg Curls:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Seated Leg extensions:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10) (repeated twice so 12 x 10 reps in total)

Thursday -

Rest

Friday -

15 min exercise bike (warm up)

Triceps extension machine:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Barbell Curl:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Triceps extension weight machine:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Bicep curls weight machine:  6 x 10 reps ( 30-45 seconds rest per set of 10)

Saturday -

Rest

Sunday -

Rest

Is this enough? Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

depend show bigger muscles u want

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No one can answer that because you failed to share your goal. What are you trying to achieve by working out? Fat loss? Muscle building? Increase strength? Increase endurance? Training for an event or sport? General fitness?

Nobody can even guess what "enough" might be, since know nothing about you (age, gender, sex) or WHY you're working out (what you want to accomplish). 

• 1 month ago

Enough for what?   What is your goal?  How much progress have you made toward that goal?

Generally speaking, if you on do weight training with light weights once of week for a partially muscle group, you aren't going to increase strength or muscle mass.  It will keep you from losing more muscle, but it won't be enough to actually build muscle.  If you want to build muscle, you need to both workout out each muscle group twice a week and increase the weight, reps, or sets you do.

If you can do 60 ( 6 x 10) reps of a bicep curl, you probably should increase your weight so that you reach muscle fatigue or failure at 10 reps and can only do 2 or 3 sets.  

Of course, without knowing what weight you are lifting or your goals, there's no way to tell if you are using the best approach. 

• 1 month ago

The old adage goes "I don't have to run faster than the lion, I just need to run faster than you." In terms of what the average human body is capable of, I think you can go much, much harder at the gym than you are now. It may take some time to work up to that but in no way are you "running" faster than most people.

p.s., lions like their human with a thin au jus sauce and a side salad.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You're the one who should decide if this is enough for you! You know your own body, preferences, and goals, which ultimately means you're the best person to answer this question. You can always change your routine if you feel for some reason that it's not enough or that it's too much. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.