Dan asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Me vs my dad?

My dad along with others told me I’m very tall for my age but I still have growing left because I’m still very young and in high school. My dad in high school was about 5’8 max and throughout college he was able to squeeze a 6’0 final height. I’m 6’2.5 already as a sophomore would I grow later in college aswell because I supposedly follow his genetics?

I guess no one ever taught you that half of your genetic makeup is from your mother's side of the family, some maternal traits are recessive, some maternal traits are dominant, some paternal traits are recessive, and some paternal traits are dominant. Your genetics are influenced by both your mother and father.

you were adopted, 

While height is often determined by genetics, it's also wildly unpredictable. It could be that you've already finished growing, or it could be that you still have several inches left to grow. Ultimately, there's no way for you to know, but that isn't really a problem at all. Whatever height you end up being is perfectly fine.

6'2" is tall for a high school kid. Most high school kids are around 5'5" to 5'10". You may NOT or may still grow until you are 21 years old.