Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

What if someone asks are you 'that courageous' to do this thing? ?

Do they mean you're not courageous at all for anything or want to ask you for this task only cz its not possible in their belief. (learning swimming alone in the sea). They added nobody does that 'alone'

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Courage is subjective, and for many, learning to swim in the ocean alone may be considered courageous because they would not choose to engage in this activity under these circumstances.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I think that if the task is as you've stated, it might very well be they're realy thinking, is this person stupid enough to learn to swim alone in the sea?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

they thought you had a lot of courage doing that

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This "someone" is trying to find a diplomatic way to tell you that "learning swimming alone in the sea" is a stupid idea without actually saying it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Hard to answer, seeing that your example is poorly explained. Try to get a good native speaker of British or American English to help you write your question better.

• 4 weeks ago

"That courageous" tells me that it's a particularly difficult task, and the person who said "nobody does that alone" confirmed my understanding.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.