Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

I have a December wedding what is the likelyhood it can be cancelled? Right now the government is allowing 150?

• Trish

I wouldn't risk it.  I would go with a much smaller gathering.

• lila

Sorry I left my crystal ball upstairs

Nobody here knows! You don't have to cancel your wedding regardless though - just scale back and have an intimate ceremony. You can always do a party later if you choose.

Huh?  You and your fiance are the only people who can decided whether or not to cancel your wedding.  The government doesn't cancel private events.  The government can issue guidelines or mandates about the size of gatherings, the requirement to social distance and wear masks.  If your wedding plans comply with those regulations, you'll be fine.  If they don't, you'll hav to choose between making some changes to your plans or cancelling your ceremony altogether.  Again, your choice.

Unless you local government has some hard milestones and is headed toward more opening up you may have to make some adjustments or consider postponing. 150 is generally considered a big wedding but if you were inviting even more than that I'd keep an eye on what's happening around you so you can make alterations to the plans as needed. 

Go and elope...have the reception when this virus is over.

all weddings should be cancelled until we have a vaccine!