Should life serving prisoners be used to test Covid-19 vaccines?

• Favourite answer

That would be a great form of restorative justice. Not just Covid-19 but other medical trials.

Heinous criminals who end and destroy lives should contribute to the saving of lives to help pay back their debt to society. In some cases, it could be exchanged for extra privileges in prison or time being deducted from their sentence. It is better than them languishing in prison costing the taxpayers money for their upkeep while they give back nothing to the society they've harmed.

The higher the risk, the higher the reward.

I don't see how it is unethical, but because the Nazis did something similar, it will be seen as bad.

It's like eugenics, that's a great and scientifically sound concept that was very popular in scientific and academic circles throughout the Western world in the early 20th century, the principles are practised every day in modern agriculture, but dimwits think it means you support murdering disabled people.

• Spence

No because that would constitute Cruel & Unusual punishment.

Yes, especially paedophiles, child murderers and terrorists.

When these vaccines are distributed to the public they will already have been tested by 30 thousand people.   I will be first in line to get the vaccine.

"Hmmm... how can I make them believe I'm a real Nazi instead of just a plastic Nazi troll? Human experimentation! Hitler loved that kind of thing."

I see no reason why serial killers and child murderers on death row would refuse this offer in exchange for a full life term in jail with no possibility of parole. 

Any thing that stops innocent animals being used to test drugs is ok in my book.

• P

Forcing prisoners to do things outside of the legal scope of their sentence is illegal and immoral. Regardless there's already 1000's more volunteers available than they need, so it's not like we are at the point where we are that desperate.

Not without the permission of the prisoner if they're offering you years off of your sentence in order to try unused or untested medicine there's a reason for them to do that but the person that's already been sentenced you can't sentence the person to medical experimentation! That's not part of what we do here in the United States