If you’re very religious, what’s  it like to be in science class in school? Did you get a lot of bad grades?

I’m just curious to know people’s opinions. I’m asking as an atheist.

@Robert de Angelis, SHUT UP! I CAN BE AN ATHEIST IF I WANT TO! I GET GOOD GRADES!!!

@Robert de Angelis, my apologies. I shouldn’t have been so rude.

In fact my performance in science was improved when I study science as a minute attempt to study creation of Allah,I wonder how Allah controls everything like rains,sun, moon and whole solar system, truly Allah is greatest, Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him,look at yourself how Allah created us and how Allah takes care of us

• Paul

Nope, I always did very well in science, in grade school, high school, college and postgraduate work, which had nothing to do with the fact that I attended church every Sunday, participated in Christian ministries, read the Bible daily, and communicated with God regularly. There is no conflict between one source of truth and the other, assuming that your church is the one Church founded by Jesus Christ, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth until the end of time.

Catholic biologist

No, I got pretty good grades in science classes, Einstein.

Straight A's in science. No conflict there, at all.

• If you got bad grades, come to our bible school, you will see that your Atheism will fall like a leaf from the tree!

I'm a YEC and always did well in math and science.  I always made A's in all my math classes even at the masters degree level.  (I had a 3.29 GPA for my undergrad and a 3.75 GPA for my masters.)

Because I loved math and science so much, I majored in Mechanical Engineering where I could apply that knowledge (and I love it).  It also gave me the tools to recognize bad science.  Scientist can get away with bad science, whereas an engineer would get fired.

For example, if I was working with a packaging machine that produced 60 bags per minute at a motor speed of 60 rpm, and then suggested to my boss that we might try to bump the speed up to 70 rpm to see if we can produce 70 bags per minute, he'd probably be okay with that.  But if I told him that if the machine works for 60 bags per minute at 60 rpm, that means it will work the same at 6 million bags per minute at 6 million rpm, he'd look at me like I had lost my mind--and understandably so.  Engineers know that gross extrapolations of limited data rarely if ever work in the real world.

Now if you are a scientist and you develop a radiometric dating method that is known to work for something known to be 4000 years old, and then declare that that obviously means it will work exactly the same for something supposedly 4 billion years old, no one bats an eyes, especially an athee-evo type.

Or if you are like Charles Darwin and you see some small changes in finch beak sizes slowly over a few years, and then conclude from that that means a bacterium will slowly change into a bat over a billion years, again, your athee-evo buddies won't bat an eye.

As a Christian, O know that God is the author and creator of science.  So when I learn about science I am learning things about God.  There is no contradiction between science and my Christian faith.

In fact, two of the people who were very influential in developing my Christian faith were a physic professor and an astronomy professor that I had in college.  (Along with a philosophy professor who would often join them in discussions of religion and their faith.)

I got all "A"s in college with the exception of a couple of my more advanced math classes, where I had to work really hard to get "B"s.  I currently hold more than one degree in science and have taught science at the high school level.

I currently work in technology in the medical field.  The majority of my colleague are also Christians and most of them very involved in church, etc.  

I see no contradiction between science and my Christian faith.  So far everything science has revealed goes along with what I can find in the Bible.  

Honors grad, but thanks for asking.

I always did well in science.

It wasn't until I got to college that I had a teacher who was not religious.

More then once I had to get the professor to admit much of what he taught as fact was not proven. That only happened if he or she made some remark about religion or religions.

I tried to always answer the test questions based on  the texts and lectures.

By the way I was asked to go into a major in biology. The reason was that I was a known skeptic and the professors felt that a person who would examine the evidence would do a better job if finding proof then a student how accepts what is taught with out challenge.

For what it is worth- I did worse in theology courses then science. The reason was the same. I have trouble accepting something as a fact when it is only an opinion.

Top of my class always. Won both science and math awards