Why do my tortillas come out wrong?

I usually always try to follow recipes accordingly on YouTube but the outcome is always wrong they Always come out stale and not flexible or while cooking no bubbles form

• kswck2

You get the bubbles because you do not let the pan preheat. And they are hard because you cook them too long. 

• ?

A lot of cooking is about practice.  Try making tortillas every night for a week and see if you get the hang of it.  Also, try looking at other recipes and videos, I'm sure there are lots for tortillas.

The bubbles may have to do with not getting your pan or grill hot enough.  I've been cooking tortillas for decades and have only in the last couple years that I've been really focusing on dialing in my mexican dishes have I been getting the pan hot enough .  Tortillas on a properly hot grill or griddle should bubble up nicely and should only take a short time to cook on each side.  I use a very heavy cast iron skillet or more recently a long grill on my bridge burner and I REALLY preheat the heck out of it.

If your tortillas are not flexible enough they may not have enough moisture in them.  Keep trying, you'll get there!

When I'm learning something new in the kitchen I tend to make it over and over til I feel I've dialed it in.  I shop for my cookware second hand - it's SO much cheaper and we've got some great second hand shops in my area.  I'm always looking for new cookware to try out and upgrade my massive collection.  When I find ...say... a new omelette pan I'll rush home and clean it really well, then go through a dozen eggs making one omelet after another til I master using that particular pan.  My dogs LOVE it when I come home with new cookware because they get fed all the proceeds...