jada asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

How to get a friend to go home?

I love her to death and she’s absolutely wonderful, she’s more like a sister to me than a friend but we’re both only children and I really enjoy being alone sometimes. We’ve been with each other for quite a while now and I know overall it’s been over 3 weeks. We have family staying at my house right now and once they leave she wants me to go back to her house for a few weeks with her. The thing is I really want alone time and I’ve been looking forward to being alone for a long time but I don’t want to tell her to leave cause I don’t wanna hurt her feelings. She does nothing but help and my entire family loves her, I just don’t know how to tell her I want to be alone for some time. Things aren’t always that great with her parents and her either and I feel bad telling her I don’t want to hangout. Besides, we’ve got school and I keep getting distracted. She wants me to use her computer since I don’t have one but I don’t wanna do that either right now. I simply want to be home for a little bit.

Just tell her right now you need some me time alone...thats all, refuse to talk about it again

• Alan H

During the current pandemic you should not be mixing too freely anyway.      If, as you say, she is a good friend, she will understand if you explain that at times you want alone moments.

If she does not, she is hardly a real friend 

If she's as close a friend as you say, she'll understand your feelings if you explain them to her. Adult communication is a wonderful thing. Try it.