Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Is it possible to forget intrusive thoughts?

I have been dealing with this lately. I sometimes get bothered by people. Then people who care about me tell me not to think about it. I realized that I can't completely not think about it. It's going to pop into my mind. 

So the answer is to allow it to pop into my mind while also allowing it to pop out. It's the attempts to not think about it that make it stay in your head. 

https://youtu.be/kHJ2hqXEo8A

Youtube thumbnail

?list=PLCqADxk3PzvjKDSep2Sx9slwsiCJhFenk

Paramahansa Yogananda who founded the Self Realization Felloship SRF in Los Angeles has brought meditation the technique to overcome negative thoughts you can request it at the self realization Fellowship SRF in Los Angles

yes i struggled with them before but now ive overcame them, i just distracted myself

Intrusive thoughts are a psychiatric symptom that point to a larger illness that needs medical treatment.

yes and no i dont think so in my opinion bish shut up said jey jey gardi

This is a complicated question. It's possible to recover from a disorder that's causing them. There are different disorders. 

If you think you might be depressed, there's a lot of things that can help, and an advantage to having a professional who knows how to use them. I couldn't say exactly what kind of help you'd need but there are healthy lifestyle things that can help with all kinds of depression.

I've answered a lot of depression questions, with advice from experts about standard treatments and self-help methods, which can enhance the effects of standard methods. Just click on my name and read if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

no because I don't believe in mental health

It might fade with time, although you might get reminded once in a while... Don't worry though, intrusive thoughts are normal and everyone gets them, no matter how messed up they are.

No, you can't forget intrusive thoughts. No matter what you think, or what other people tell you, they won't go away no matter how hard you try (If you try to "forget" them, studies shown your brain will remember it more). 

The only way you can stop intrusive thoughts from taking over your life is to seek help, I know this is a very unpopular suggestion but it's the truth. You have to cope with it so it won't take over your life, and yes, you will probably start to forget it once you're able to cope when the intrusive thoughts return.