Diana asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

What does it mean when someone says he "smokes like a chimney?"?

It means he's high.

Look at a fireplace burning fuel. Then go outside and look at a chimney. See all that smoke coming out the top? This simply means that as it burns fuel on the bottom smoke comes out the top. Therefore if someone is "smoking like a chimney" then obviously this means their butt is on fire. 

to smoke a great deal of tobacco or other smokable substances. My uncle smoked like a chimney when he was living. somebody who smokes like a chimney in a restaurant ought to be thrown out.

That mean he smokes too much I guess you can say I smoke too much too because only a pack of cigarettes last me two days

• Judy

That person is a heavy smoker.

• Vivian

That is an idiom, "smokes like a chimney". To smoke tobacco (cigarettes, cigars, and so on) to excess. Generally stated as a criticism of the smoker, this term, which likens the habit to smoke pouring out of a chimney, has become a cliché owing to increasing disapproval of the tobacco habit.

Chain smoker, smoking one cigarette after the other. Smokes 2-3 packs per day.