Why did Zillow go down 20K for my house in 3 months?

No one elses in my neighborhood.

I would very much appreciate people with unhelpful comments stay of my thread.

The algorithm is supposed to be affected by the general neighborhood. Nothing is wrong with my neighborhood.

Wow. My comment went missing, and it was the only 100% accurate answer here.

Yall might not be physics but you couldve told me to check the details then create an account with Zillow and change my information. Since folks want to report the ONLY accurate comment and get it removed I will not be choosing a B/A. Never said Zillow was completely factual, I just dont like the way it looks. Its embarrassing and wrong.

check with an appraiser and not Zillow.

Don't go by a program like Zillow. If they are using comparables, all it can mean is that someone in your neighborhood sold a house very cheaply--and it reduced the overall costs of housing in your neighborhood. What you actually ought to do is check your real-estate appraisal--through county records--and see if the appraisal value was reduced. An assessment may have been removed--or a surtax may have ended. 

It doesn't mean your actual VALUE has decreased--and certainly not from a hit-or-miss program like Zillow. Check the ACTUAL value. Go get your county records.

Like the others have said Zillow is inaccurate .

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet,Sparky.

Zillow is known to be very inaccurate, you should not be basing what you think the house is actually worth on it's value on Zillow.

Why does it matter?  Appraisers don't use Zillow!

"I answer this myself, someone put 75 SQ to the lot space when its really nearly 8000.And the living area is wrong." No Ffucking possible way anyone here could have known that!!!!! We are not clairvoyant! 

As others said and your answer proves- Zillow is notoriously unreliable & regularly has wrong information. 

• R P

Zillow is not a reliable source when it comes to your house's value.

You do realize that Zillow is know for it's inaccurate information ? 😉

• Maxi

Those type of websites use several tools to estimate  house worth, it is likely that other similar houses to your in your area sold for far less than they were previously estimated to be........ these type of websites which estimate value of a property it is just an estimate, it doesn't mean your home is really worth that, it could be far more or far less.... my house a similar website to zillow but for my country estimates it at 305k, it was valued properly at 375k and as prices are rising ( where I live) and according to the agent it is more likely to sell at 385-400

Because there has been a change in one or more unknown variables used by the  computer algorithm Zillow uses to spit out a hypothetical number that neither you or a prospective buyer are under any obligation to take seriously.