Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

Is this sentence correct?

I think farmers will develop chemicals that don't harm our body in the future.

Besides the single/plural issues you may have a timing issue. Do you want farmers [well, that is wrong. Chemists create chemicals.] ... that do not harm our bodies in the future ... or do you want chemists to invent chemicals in the future that do not harm our bodies (?)

• D50

Pronoun is plural, noun is singular. They should match: "our bodies".

It is a functional sentence.  hardly a truth though.

• RP

Yes, it is fine as written.

It may be possible that in the future farmers will be able to develop and use nontoxic chemicals that won't endanger the environment and affect human beings and animals.

I think it's wrong

• John P

It is grammatically correct, but it is not natural; it is probably also not scientifically correct, since it is usually scientists who develop chemicals.

I think scientists will develop chemicals that don't harm our body in the future.

It's wrong I think

I think farmers will develop chemicals that don't harm our BODIES in the future.