Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 4 weeks ago

Throwing up bile/stomach acid every single morning?

This is very painful, I’m 14 and definitely not pregnant so that’s not it. This happens every morning as soon as I wake up and leaves me feeling really bad all day. What could this be?

I’m also losing weight quite quickly (and no, I don’t sleep on my stomach.) I’m very worried about causing permanent damage to my insides as all that violent retching and stomach acid can’t be good for me. 

I visited the doctors. Turns out my stomach was producing extra acid so I got a few tablets to calm it down.

Don't leave this as it can cause long term damage to your Oesophagus, so ask your parents to take you to the doctor.  For now you should tell them what's happening and ask them to pick up a pack of low dose Omeprazole or Pepcid from the pharmacy for you.  If that doesn't work then the doctor will check you over and offer something more powerful. Don't eat very spicy food or drink coffee late at night. Add another pillow to your bed.  

That needs to be checked out at the doctor's office, and soon. Could be something you are eating later in the day or blockages or a number of other things.  Please get your parents to take you to the doctor.

Are you overweight? If so, sleeping on your stomach can compress the stomach and force stomach contents into the esophagus.

Another condition that causes this, is the use of cannabis, but it is more common in males.