Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it appropriate to tell someone your stomach hurts? ?

I tell my husband that my tummy hurt because my period may be coming. 

He told me he love me but don't tell him that. He doesn't want to know that. But I telled him that you're my husband and I you're wife. 

Why it not ok when we see more private stuff? I tell my parents my stomach hurt when I was a tenager. They don't care even now. 

My husband is delicate but he a detective. 

It doesn't make any to me about why he's so sensitive. Granted, he's a man and some men don't like to hear that but still. We're married. 

Why he so sensitive? Should he be ok with it when I his wife? 

It is appropriate to tell your husband that kind of thing and it would be appropriate for him to CARE and to SHOW that he cares. There are times we need to know we are loved, and not just by saying the word. It won't stop the pain but a little human kindness can make it more bearable. I am sorry your husband is so emotionally stunted. Some guys never outgrow their male insecurities. I hope he is a good life partner in other ways and that your discomfort soon passes.

You and this guy clearly have a fairly formal relationship. Reading between the lines it's somewhat understandable as I suspect you didn't have the usual period of dating. But hopefully you'll get to know each other as time goes on and the communication between you will improve. 

• John P

When we were married, my wife and I used to tell each other if we had bad pains in  our bodies.  So I guess it is just the way your husband's mind works. 

• JuanB

It's not the tummy.  It's the period part.  Do you tell everyone you meet up with it's your period too??

Here's what you should do.  Tell your husband you want to know every time he needs to fart, and every time he just farted.  He can also add if it gave him a tummy ache or helped his tummy ache.  Then you can see how sensitive you are to these things.

• Elaine

You need to stop pretending to be who you really aren't.  Both the language and grammar give you away.  Hate to break it to you but adults don't use the word "tummy". "Telled" instead of "told"!  The omission of verbs- really!  If your post had been an English assignment you would receive a maximum mark of 35%.  By the way what does being a detective have to do with your story? 

Your attempt at trying to be someone else isn't working.  Your husband is a "detective."  So what?  Do you really have to tell him about your "monthly problems?"