Why won't Trump commit to peaceful transfer of power, even if Trump loses the election?

Does Trump plan on keeping the power of the presidency even if Biden wins the election? Why can't there be a peaceful transfer of power if Biden wins the election? If Biden wins, Biden will be sworn in as the new president. And Trump can't stop the swearing in of the new president on January 20 2021. Secondly a president has never in the history in the US has never refused the transfer of power. So why is Trump trying to start a new trend in keeping power?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/0...

Update:

When I went over the article again, I got the message, if Biden wins and is sworn in as President of United States of America, and this situation will end up with a legal Biden Administration, and Trump will be an illegal President with an illegal administration, in the event that Trump doesn't handover power.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Rusty
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Because he is a lying corrupt little hand sissy boy and his followers are cowardly natzis like with Jim Jones and Manson.  As my friend Hank says, that's how they act, I tell you what!

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Come on, this is a president who praises dictators, while insulting the leaders of democratic countries.

When Xi made himself leader for life, Trump's comment is "we should try that"

When Obama won in 2012, an election Trump had nothing to do with he Tweeted;

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

4:45 AM · Nov 7, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

4:29 AM · Nov 7, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

4:30 AM · Nov 7, 2012

Now he is saying he should get a third term and refuses to say he will accept the vote, what more evidence does anyone need that Trump is a would be Tin Pot Dictator, who cares nothing for democracy, the constitution or the rule of law.

• 4 weeks ago

We're in a really dark moment in US history where US democracy may actually fall. And its honestly depressing.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Commitments are breakable.  Lies are agreements.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.