Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Who's more difficult to deal with? Male or female managers?

In my experience, most female managers fit the description of the stereotypical B boss. When I'm dispatched to places that has a high female ratio or a female manager, I almost feel like I'm gonna vomit. With male managers, it's mostly chill.

Now I know fems and simps are going to throw "incel" insults and probably have this question deleted.

What are your experiences dealing with a female manager?

Definately female managers.

In the past I have had both male and female managers, I can tell you from experience that "male-managers" are a lot more understanding and chill while "female-managers" have nasty attitudes, short tempers, they go around barking orders, they stress out easily and they get on you for any little thing you do wrong.

• Female managers are more difficult because women don't handle power well. Women are (usually) nasty bitches - domineering and intimidating - when they get into positions of power. Men with power (usually) don't need to be. Men, much more often than women, have leadership ability that makes people want to follow and to obey them, no threats required.

It has to do with the person's character, not the sex of the individual.  Don't paint everyone with the same brush. 

Female. My current boss, who's almost half my age seems to take everything I say as a challenge to her.

• John P

Depends on the individual manager.   I have had bosses of both genders, some were easy to get ion with, some were not.

• Elana

From who's point of view?

Upper management tends to like female middle management better than male middle management because they are more likely to stick to the company line, follow upper management direction, etc.

Of course, that means they are less likely to make exceptions for special cases of bottom tier employees.

So generally, upper management likes women better.  Bottom tier employees like men better.

Clearly, middle management is a balancing act - and you can't make everybody happy all the time.

• EXZTNZ

I never worked before but I feel like male managers are more selfish and don't care too much about helping out with stuff whereas female managers are more understanding and can bond better.

• Jesere

I have had 36 jobs in my life and it was personality not gender that made dealing with some managers difficult. 

It depends, I've had some great male and great female bosses and some totally grim shiit horrible bosses of both genders.  You really can't be stereotyping all male managers or all female managers as that's totally pointless and sexist and stupid.  

Plus it also depends on the attitude of the employee too.  Some people who use a condescending tone with their Supervisors, could eventually annoy their superiors, to the point that they too also use a negative tone of voice too.  Even the most 'chilled' Manager has a limit to how they talk to an employee that is always late, lazy or has a negative moaning attitude.

• Bill

Women generally get power hungry when they are put in a position of authority and become extremely overbearing to those people under them. In fact, this behavior happens no matter the environment, not just the workplace.