Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

My wife doesn’t want our family to know we are getting divorced and also don’t want them knowing she cheated. Is this fair ?

She had an affair and wants this to be a private matter for a year . She wants to put on a happy face for family. She said this could ruin her reputation and a lot of things 

• Well of course she wants to avoid being seen and treated, as just what she has proven herself to be.  Big shock there, huh?  Look, I see nothing wrong with being honest with the kids and family.  She made the choice to act as she acted.  She is doing what many, especially females, routinely do.  She wants to act however she wishes, without having to take the consequences of it.  Why should the people she has influence over, not be aware of who, how, what she is?  She willingly disregarded her husband, kids and family and what the costs to them could be.  So why should she not have to deal with that?

Too bad you cant tattoo CHEATING WHORE on her forehead! she cheated, all bets are off, tell everyone

You woona want to, why is that?  Tell everyone who asks, but realize that when a spouse cheats, a ton of that blame is on the one what failed to provide.

Like when I 'cheat' on Bitchez, it becaw I'm just getting mines.  I'd get it at home, but Bitchez ain't providin', so I gets mine elsewhere.

Oh, and Bitchez be Crazy!!

• Raja

Divorce is a private matter .There is no need to tell family members all the details that led to the legal separation. Any way they will come to know in time to come. It is not fair for her to request you not to disclose the fact that she cheated . Any way if you tell others that she cheated it is below your dignity . Let her go and you remain with a happy face.

You don't mention kids, but I'm guessing you have a few? If she's trying to keep the divorce quiet to 'protect" them and what they might hear about their mom, then maybe you don't need to shout it from the mountain tops. Many folks get divorced and just sight irreconcilable differences as the cause. If there are no kids, and she just wants to come across as holier than thou, do what you think you need to do. Just keep in mind, taking the high road and not sharing every detail with everyone that will listen will make you feel better about yourself. Good luck brother.

If I were getting a divorce, I would keep it a secret from inlaws as that would be deceitful. 

Not knowing she cheated? Fine I guess. 

But they are obviously going to notice if you're no longer married at some point... or are you expected to go to events etc until/unless she gets a new relationship?

You can tell anyone you want, It does not matter what she wants, she is the cheater and every one should know what she is. Make sure your lawyer does know full details.

• kristy

Screw that. I’d make a big deal out of it and tell everyone 

She has earned her reputation as an adulteress, maybe she shouldn't have had an affair if she didn't want to be known as a cheating ----.