Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

A genuine reason to get out of a family gathering?

I told my sister I’d go to her baby shower on Saturday after work. But recently I found out my mom gets jealous when I see other members of my family and now really isn’t the best time to stir up drama between my mom and I. Regardless I don’t even see myself enjoying the baby shower I was just going for the sake of my sister. I made her a baby blanket and got her a gift already. I need help generating an authentic reason other than car problems or I’m sick. 

i would go anyways, if your mom dont like it thats her problem

Tell your sister the truth. Do not go, no matter how much your sister begs. Send her your gift or drop it off another day after the shower.

"Hey sis, I'm sorry, but I'd rather cater to our mother's jealousy than celebrate your baby… I'm sure you understand." 

• lala

Tell your sister the truth 

Tell her you do not want to stir the pot between you a nd mom 

It doesnt mater what excuse you will use 

they will know you are lying 

i would just go, dont let your mom stop you